||Bob Clark, Treasurer
- Current Term: 11/22/2012 - 11/22/2016
- Phone: (269) 465-6601
- Cell: (269) 876-0116
- Fax: (269) 465-4631
- Email: email@example.com
My wife and I have lived in Lake Township since 1994. My wife and I raised twin boys here who received an excellent education at Bridgman PS. They went on to graduate from Albion and are starting their own lives in Chicago and Milwaukee. My wife, Barb and I were married in 1985. She has been teaching for 35 years and is currently teaching at St Joseph Public Schools.
I have enjoyed being the Treasurer the past few years and happy to have the opportunity to serve our Township. I have attended numerous Michigan Township Association training sessions and will be obtaining Treasurer certification through the Michigan Municipal Treasurers Association in 2015.
I have been appointed as the Greater Bridgman Chamber of Commerce and Growth Alliance Treasurer, Secretary for the Berrien County Treasurer Association, and Chairman of the Bridgman Foundation for Education Excellence. I have also served as Lake Township Park Chairperson for many years. My prior career was in the financial services industry for 30 years working for area credit unions in management positions.
My goal as LCT Treasurer is to improve efficiency in processes, use our resources wisely, and work to develop plans for infrastructure and improvements that will be there for future generations. We are blessed to live in an amazing area and my goal is to insure it is available for everyone to enjoy for many years to come.
Jamie Smith, Deputy Treasurer
I love the community of Bridgman! I have lived here since I married Karl in 1992. We have two teenage daughters. I have spent many years volunteering at their school. I enjoy reading, exercising and participating in a local Bible study group. I have Bachelors degree from Bethel Collage. I had prior experience at Whirlpool in Human Resources and Sales. I currently manage a small rental business. I also enjoy filling in when needed at Lake Township and Baroda Lake Township Police Department. I was honored when I was asked by Bob Clark to be his deputy treasure two years ago. I have enjoyed the challenge of getting to know new people and learning a new computer system.
- The 2016 tax collection year at the Township is over. Any unpaid taxes must be paid to the Berrien County Treasurers office. The current amount due can be determined by calling their office at 269-983-7111, ext. 8569. Taxes are paid to them at 701 Main Street in St Joseph, Michigan 49085
- Postmarks are NOT accepted- please allow ample mail time for the payment to be received at our office by the due date to avoid late penalties and interest.
- Deferment of summer taxes - If you are a senior citizen (62 year of age and older), a Paraplegic, Hemiplegic, Quadriplegic, eligible Serviceperson, eligible Veteran, eligible Widow or Widower, blind, or totally and permanently disabled, with a household income of $ 40,000 or less, you may defer your tax payment until February 14th, 2017, without penalty or interest. Property that is classified or used as agricultural property may qualify if the gross receipts of the farming operation are not less than the household income of the owner. Persons applying for a deferral must certify that they qualify for the deferment on a form available at the Township Office. This form must be competed and filed by September 14th with our office EACH YEAR in order to have taxes deferred without penalty or interest in any given year.
- Partial payments - It is possible to make partial payments towards your tax bill, however, the entire amount due must be paid in full by the due date to avoid interest and penalty charges (unless a deferment has been applied for and granted). Please include a copy of the lower part of your statement when paying by mail.
- Addresses - Please verify the address on the bill is correct or make change requests with our office. If your bill is not received when expected, please contact us to have a copy of the bill sent to you to a corrected address, faxed or e mailed to you. Failure to receive the bill is your responsibility to obtain a copy and make payment by the due date.
- On line tax information is available by following the link below and follow the instructions provided. It is free if viewing your own property information. A fee applies for viewing other property.
- Credit and debit card payments are accepted by phone or in our office however there is a 3% fee of the amount paid charged by our processing bank. All transactions are treated as a credit transaction. We are working on providing on line payments also. Check the web site periodically to find out when this will be available.
- Drop box payments can be made anytime day or night at our convenient blue drop box located west of the Township office (3220 Shawnee Rd.) near the road. Payments must be received in the box by 4:00 on February 29th.
- Paid receipts will be provided for mail payments with a self-addressed, stamped envelope included with the payment. The top portion of the bill will be stamped paid and returned to you. When paying in person, please bring in the entire bill, the top portion will be stamped paid as your receipt.
- The 2017 summer taxes will be sent out the beginning of July and due on or before September 14th. If you have not received a bill by mid-July, please contact our office for a duplicate copy.
For tax and other information, please follow this link.
PRE Residence exemption (PRE) affidavit (form 2360)
Request to Rescind Homeowners PRE (form 2602)
Conditional Recession of PRE (form 4630)
Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes (form 471)
Tax Calculator - This calculator provided by Berrien County is a great tool to compare tax rates in different municipalities and school districts:
For information on Property Homestead Guidelines, please follow this link.
For more information on summer tax deferment, please follow this link.
For frequently asked questions about paying taxes, taxable and state equalized values, deferments, principle residence exemptions and more information, please follow this link.
For information on conditional rescission of PRE, please follow this link.